Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Finally, time to write again!

I am embarrassed that I haven't written for more than a year, and more than a little stunned that so much time has passed so quickly! The good news is that Rock My Soul has been going full steam ahead, and things are getting more and more exciting. The not-so-good is that it's hard to keep up the pace, so I'm working on creating balance and letting go of things I don't need to hold on to (at least, that's what I've resolved for the new year). I hope our readers will bear with me as I make the transition!

A few of us are gearing up now for a mass choir performance with 2 esteemed choirs from the Portland, ME area: Women In Harmony and the Brunswick Naval Air Station choir (BNAS). We are especially excited, because, thanks to the support of Rachel Talbot Ross from the Portland NAACP, we'll be opening for Sweet Honey in the Rock at the Merrill Auditorium on January 18! We'll perform 3 songs together, and I for one feel privileged to learn from Steve and Kalli, co-directors for BNAS. I think members of RMS feel the same. What an honor this will be!

I brought my camera to last night's rehearsal, but due to the excitement of learning 2 songs and directing one, I totally forgot to take pictures. However, I promise to bring the camera AND take photos so I can upload them right after next week's rehearsal.

More later....
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment